Friday, April 3, 2015

March Favorites


It is hard to believe that April is already upon us. It seems like just yesterday I was writing about the starting the New Year. But none the less, with another passing month comes another monthly favorites. Even though they are anything too special, they were things that I have loved using and plan to continue doing so in the future. All the items this month are cosmetic and were all used a good number of times these past few weeks.





Recently my hair has felt in need of some extra moisture because of how humid it has been where I live. Not to mention, I cant seem to find a shampoo who's fragrance lasts more then two minutes. Plus. yes there is more, I wanted to try and find something very clean and natural. Seems like a tall order right? Well, I got extremely lucky when I found this Herbal Essences shampoo. First, it makes my hair feel so healthy and soft. It does not leave it feeling greasy or dirty looking. Just soft and clean. Second, it smells amazing and it lasts a long time. Because of the kind of hair I have, I wash it every two to three days, and no that is not gross because that is how much is recommended you wash your hair, and this shampoo lasts that long. I really like this shampoo and I plan to keep using it.



Even though this face wash was in my February Favorites, I had to bring it back up again because of how much I like it. My pores have been so large and obvious, again because of the humidity, that I had to do something about it. And this pore minimizer helps with that pretty well. Not to mention, it makes my skin feel soft. Even though it does burn a little bit the first two minutes, it does not leave my skin dry or itchy afterwards. I like to use a scrub, mostly a natural scrub like sea salt, to help get the last bit of nasty out of my pores. I suggest this if you just want to open up and clean out your pores. 



So recently I wanted to add a little color to my nails since it is Spring time. And as you can see, I definitely did just that. This color, though looks a little bright, goes on a little darker then you might think. It really is a nice color that goes on pretty well. Though it does chip easily, I still think that it was worth it to apply. Another thing that I like about it is that with each layer you add, the darker it gets. So you can decide whether to have it really light or dark. Another thing about it, that is not really shown from the outside, is that there is a little bit of shimmer to it. So when in the sunlight, it picks up a nice amount of light. 



The last month, and two months to come, I have a lot a school and state mandatory tests that leave me having to study quite a bit. Needless to say, I have had some late nights. And as we all know, late nights equal eyes to show for it. So I went back to an old favorite that always made me feel more awake and helped to reduce the bags under my eyes. As you can see in the picture to the right, the tube has a metal, cool ball that you use to apply the serum and massage your eyes with. It feels so nice and refreshing all while making my eyes look less like I got punched. I also use it to wake me up when I am about to fall over. I have used this serum as much as my highlighter this past month.



I have always been the worst at applying eye liner. So needless to say, I have tried eveyr technique that I could find. Then I read about how a crayon is sometimes easier to use for those "less coordinate" as I am. This is why I gave this a try and I am glad I did. For the first time, I have been able to apply eye liner. It goes on so easily and makes very precise, clean lines. And it is beyond waterproof. Which leads to my only complaint about it. It is the hardest thing to take off. The only thing thing that has ever gotten it off was a combination of water and oil, which secretly is the best thing to remove eye makeup with all while being cheap and natural. But other than that, I really like this crayon, as odd as it is to say. 

And there they are, my March Favorites. I am so sorry that I have been absent the last few weeks and I promise that it is not on purpose. I cant even begin to tell you how crazy both school and life has been the last few weeks. But just know that I am okay and that unfortunately it does not look like my schedule is going to become any less packed. But I will try my best to post and be active on here because I truly love to write/create and interact with you guys. But none the less, I hope you enjoyed and I cant thank you enough for the continued support. I love you guys and I will "talk" to you soon. And of course, until next time,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to read my post and leave a comment. It means a lot to me!!
<3