Monday, March 2, 2015

February Favorites

 
This past month has had a few little things that have helped to make the month a little better. From beauty to candy, this month I had a few items that I have been loving and using quite a lot. So without further ado, lets begin with my February Favorites.
 
 
1) Lucky Country Traditional Black Licorice
I have always had a sweet tooth when it comes to all sorts of candy. But recently I have been loving and craving these black licorice candies. Oddly enough, I have never really liked Licorice, let alone black Licorice. I always thought it to be kind of bitter and weird tasting. But my mom got these a few weeks ago, for she loves black licorice, and I decided to be brave and give it a try. And luckily I did because I am in love with it. I partially love these ones because they are more "chewable" and a little more sweet then the traditional licorice you find. Not to mention, they are not expensive at all and I can find them in my local store, which is always a plus.
 
This shampoo has it perks and fallbacks. But the reason I have this shampoo on my monthly favorites is because it really does help with moisturizing and softening hair. This is the perk of the shampoo, along with the fact that its this pretty blue color. Yes I am serious, that is a perk for me because it is my favorite color. Plus, it kind of smells like coconut, which always is a great sent for going into the months of Spring. Now for the downfalls. I have noticed that even though it does moisturizes my hair, it also makes my hair feel "greasier" a lot quicker then most shampoo's. Now I know, if you have normally greasy hair you shouldn't use moisturizing shampoo's. But I do need to have my hair sort of "refreshed" every once in awhile. But that is really the only downfall of this shampoo. I don't use it a lot, maybe once or twice a month, but when I do use it, I am generally pretty happy.
 
When I first found out that I had to read this book for my English class, I thought that I was not going to like it very much. Don't get me wrong, I love to read, but there are just some books that I don't "enjoy" reading. And I thought that this was going to be one of those. But I was pleasantly surprised. It is defiantly a slow read, many pages with very detailed events and scenes, but it is a good read. I love the main character, Jane Eyre oddly enough, because she is such a strong, educated, determined women that you can really look up to and admire. And the second leading character, Mr. Rochester, is pretty much the most mysterious man you will ever read about, which is a nice compliment to Jane, who expresses her thoughts and feelings frequently throughout the book. I wont go too much into detail about the book but I will highly recommend this book to any one who is a fan of romantic/mysterious books.
 
As I have mentioned before, I am a big fan of video games. And recently I re-watched the gameplay of one of my favorite video games series. I don't know why I started to re-watch it but I just was in the mood for the old and messed up story of Bioshock. For me to sit here and try to give you a summary of what the game is about, would probably take me forever and be very confusing. If you are curious and would want to know what the game is about. I ended falling in love with the game all over again for its been over a year since I last watched anything from the game. But it is defiantly one of the games that got me into loving and appreciating video games. So thank you Bioshock.  
 
To go along with the whole video game theme, I had to mention Twitch. For those of you who do not know what twitch is, it is basically a site where you can go and watch people (streamers) play video games. Now before you go and start thinking, who would watch video games, why don't you play them, etc. Just go to the site and see how vast the site it. YoutTube recently bought the site because of how big it has gotten. Streams can have up to thousands of people watching and interacting in just one stream. I personally use it a lot because it is a lot like my version of TV because I can watch the games and streamers that I want to, not to mention, it is free.
 
One thing that bothers me like no other is my pores. They are not horrible, by any means. But I do get the occasional black head or they start to look like craters, sorry for the description. So the other day, I saw this is my local store and decided I would give it a try. I had heard about how charcoal was great for extracting oil, dirt, and just bad things in your skin and I thought that this was a great place to start. Not to mention, it was super easy to use. After just simply washing it into my skin and rinsing, I was left with smaller and cleaner pores. I also noticed that my skin felt softer and cleaner. I was surprised by how much of a difference it made in my skin. Especially when you use an exfoliate scrub afterwards.
 
And there are my monthly favorites for the month of February. I know it was an odd bunch of stuff but they were my most used and loved items of the month. Let me know in the comments below what some of your monthly favorites are. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed. And of course, until next time,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to read my post and leave a comment. It means a lot to me!!
<3